In this last "gratitude post" we wish to acknowledge the meetings community for supporting us over the last 15 years.
Having just completed the data gathering phase for the MPI Canadian Economic Impact Study, we know intimately how much this community truly wants to help.
It was a long, tough survey to complete for the 659 meeting planners and the 312 venues who participated in the study. Greenfield sent close to 200,000 emails and made almost 20,000 phone calls for this project, over a three-month period. But we couldn't have done it without the great support of meeting professionals who championed this cause, including:
- Canadian Tourism Commission: Michele Saran & Michel Dubreuil
- Caesars Windsor: Shelley Williams
- CanSPEP & ISES: Carol Ford
- Coast Hotels: Cindy Quach
- Destination Halifax: Hélène Moberg
- Destination St. John's: Krista Cameron
- Edmonton Tourism: Brent Beattie
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts: Mark Sergot & Jeff Doane
- IHG Canada: Angela Xavier & Swati Ettrick
- M&IT Magazine: Sonja Chilcott
- Marriott Hotels (Canada): Scott Alison & Lorie Blackwell
- Meetings & Conventions Calgary: Peter Gregus
- Ottawa Tourism: Noel Buckley & Glenn Duncan
- PCMA Canada East Chapter: Heidi Welker & Bev Hill
- Regina Hotel Association: Tracy Fahlman
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts: Catherine McAuley
- Stronco Group of Companies: Ralph Strachan
- Travel Alberta: Brian Slot
- Tourism Fredericton: Wendy Bradley
- Tourism Moncton: Louise D'Amours
- Tourism Saskatoon: Todd Brandt
- Tourism Toronto: Tara Gordon & Julie Holmen
- Tourism Vancouver: Dave Gazley
- Tourism Winnipeg: Chantal Sturk-Nadeau & Maria Cefalis
- Tourisme Montréal: Michel Bourdon & Anne-Claude Michellod
- Vancouver Convention Centre: Claire Smith & Chris Gowe
- Vancouver Hotel Destination Association: Russ Cowan
To the MPI Foundation Canada leadership team, especially Project Chairwoman, Rita Plaskett, and Director of Development, Ron Guitar -- thank you for entrusting us with this important work for the Canadian meetings industry.
Finally to our research consortium partners: Rachel Cameron & Amanda Chan at Maritz Research, Scott Meis at the CTHRC, and Greg Hermus at The Conference Board of Canada. It's been a slice, thanks for including us in this landmark research project!